Rural Access Infrastructure Fund:
Inventory Excel Spreadsheet
Inventory Mobile App Instructions
Paper worksheet for large Culvert Inventory
Paper worksheet for Small Bridge Inventory
Small Structure Inventory Handbook
RAIF Fact Sheet
RAIF Powerpoint Guidance
Here is an update on (RAIF) House Bill 1259, “An Act to make an appropriation for rural access infrastructure improvement” This update identifies only the 2nd of 3 requirements that the Advisory Panel is charged with finalizing.
This panel is comprised of the South Dakota Legislature, county and township officials and associations, the Department of Revenue, and relevant offices of the Department of Transportation (SDDOT). With assistance from SDDOT staff, the advisory panel undertook work to address these three requirements:
- recommend how the 2021 $3 million funding should be allocated among the counties to pay for conducting the inventory
- develop procedures, criteria and instructions for conducting the small structure inventory
- develop guidance for creating county and township small structure improvement plans as required in
- Your county is holding these funds separate from their general fund. The first determination ( #1 above) will be used to pay for the cost to conduct inventory and identify the condition of the small structures and large culverts.
- Counties and Townships must coordinate their efforts to ensure accurate and efficient collection and documentation of these structures.
- County auditors will have spiral bound copies of the Small Structure Inventory Handbook to pick up
- Townships should receive/ retain a copy of their inventory worksheets that will be reported to the DOT.
WATCH FOR ADDITIONAL UPDATES:
(#3 above) By October 1, 2021, the Department of Transportation will supply guidance for preparing the small structure improvement plans counties and townships must prepare to expend funding for improvements
SDATAT Exec. Director
PO Box 903 Huron, SD 57350
CONFERENCE & ANNUAL MEETING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE for Conference Program Huron
December 1-2, 2021:
Please Help Us to Help You and Fill Out Our Annual Educational Conference Survey